From SSEMWG Award Committee:
The Society for the Study of Early Modern Women and Gender is now accepting nominations for awards for scholarly work on women and gender in the early modern period (ca. 1450-1750) published between June 30, 2020 and June 30, 2021. The deadline for all nominations and submissions is June 30th, 2021. The deadline includes receipt of all relevant information as well as all materials. Awards will be announced in the fall of 2021.
The Society makes awards in the following categories:
- Book Award (scholarly monographs)
- Essay or Article Award
- Editions Awards (critical editions of primary sources)
For this category, we are seeking nominations for both teaching and scholarly editions. We have three categories for which we may award prizes in a given year. These include: the Josephine Roberts Award for a Scholarly Edition; an award for a teaching edition; and an award for a scholarly edition in translation. Please note: we do not always award prizes for all three of these categories. We ask that all editions nominations be made simply to the umbrella category of “Editions Awards.”
- Graduate Student Conference Presentation Award
- Collaborative Project Award (Edited Collections of Essays, etc.)
- Digital Scholarship, New Media, & Art Award (Web-based projects, exhibitions, concerts, productions of plays, etc. Note: Since such projects often do not have a single date of publication, nominations are accepted for projects operating between June 30, 2020 and June 30, 2020.)
- SSEMWG now administers the prize for the best article published in each volume of Early Modern Women: An Interdisciplinary Journal. All articles published in the journal are automatically considered for the prize.
Please see our website for full nomination details: http://ssemwg.org/awards/. Please note that for book awards this year, we need three hard copies in addition to three e-books or PDF copies for each work.
Please send inquiries to the Awards Committee Chair, Elisa Oh, at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your submissions!
The SSEMWG Awards Committee 2021